Joining Suncoast AngelsAre you interested in joining the Suncoast Angels? Come along to Pitch Evenings, Or have you been to a few and decided to join?
Step 1. Check Us OutIf you wish to come along to a pitch evening, it is only by invitation. So please send an email to to get an invitation.
Step 2. Read the Rules of the AssociationThese are below in summary.
Step 3. Download and Send the ApplicationDownload the application here.
Membership InformationSunshine Coast Angels Inc (SCA) facilitates the introduction of entrepreneurs to potential investors through presentations and other mechanisms. SCA consists of individual angel investors interested in financing privately held companies or ventures typically in an early stage of development. Membership in SCA is a privilege, which is subject to renewal, revocation, or termination for a member’s failure to conduct him or herself in a manner consistent with SCA’s adopted Code of Conduct and the Membership Requirements outlined in this agreement. Members make their own investment decisions and are advised to receive appropriate support from their own financial and legal advisers before any investment is made. The Suncoast Angels is part of a wider community of Angel investors in Australia and Globally.
Benefits of Membership
- Events – Monthly investor Pitch Meetings with presentations from three pre-screened companies for members’ investment consideration. Afterward, there will be time for discussion of members’ observations and analysis.
- Access to Deals – Access to all deal flow through a regional online database (GUST).
- With membership to Gust, you can see the pitches, the pitch deck and more details including financials, team, business plan and comments by other angel investors. It is also the forum to set interest and be updated on review status etc.
- Education – Educational programs in term sheets, balanced investment portfolios, case studies, due diligence and other topics in angel investing.
- Networking – Opportunity to interact with other angel investors and meet individuals experienced in working with early-stage companies.
QualificationQualifying, or suitably advised, individuals are invited to consider becoming members of SCA. Membership is at the discretion of SCA’s Committee and is subject to regular renewal, non-renewal, revocation, or termination at the discretion of SCA’s management group. You need to read and agree with the terms of the agreement.
Code of ConductA member shall, in respect of any angel investment, or related activity in which the member is an actual or prospective investor or advisor, comply with the following standards of conduct. Members shall:
- act with honour, integrity, dignity, diligence and in good faith in order to merit the trust of their peers and of the community.
- act with honesty, equity and without discrimination towards all individuals in the community.
- have an obligation to be ethical in judgement and actions.
- not take improper advantage of their position as an actual or prospective investor, or advisor.
- where relevant, take reasonable steps to inform themselves, their peers, their portfolio companies and their advisors, of the social, environmental, economic and other possible consequences which may arise from their actions.
- not make improper use of information acquired as an actual or prospective investor, or advisor.
- promptly and properly manage any conflict of interests which may arise.
- accept confidential information received by members in the course of considering, making, or advising on an angel investment remains the property of the person or company from which it was obtained and it is improper for the members to disclose, or allow to be disclosed that confidential information, unless that disclosure has been authorised by that company or person from whom the information is provided, or is required by law.
- not engage in conduct likely to bring discredit upon their angel investments, their peers, or the Association.
- have an obligation, to comply with the spirit, as well as the letter, of the law and with the principles of this Code. Members shall not assist in or induce a breach of this Code and shall support those who seek to uphold the Code if called upon, or in a position to do so.